JBS USA SETUP/UTILITY WORKER - RETAIL NIGHTS in Arcadia, Wisconsin
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Responsible for proper handling and transportation of product and ice containers throughout Second Processing – including some hand operations (shoveling, pallet jacks, moving boxed and trayed product, etc.)
Assist with invalids – Bring invalids out hourly, notify Leadership, and record on Cell Board.
Responsible for icing product and floor cleanliness
Responsible for loading inedible trailers.
Monitor level and placement of inedible barrels.
Assist with monitoring drops.
Assist with palletizing cases if bulk line is backed up.
Set up rework areas for failures.
Inventory supplies available on processing floor at start of shift and bring down supplies from warehouse as needed. Making sure that the team members that are putting inserts in product have enough inserts (may have to assist Line Operator with this).
Assist with taking un-needed supplies back to warehouse and bringing down supplies as needed throughout the shift.
Make sure all product is properly stored off the production floor and accounted for at the end of each shift so that proper sanitation might take place.
Check WIP for partial cases to be worked back into process-bring out as needed.
Prioritize and organize WIP cooler and product storage area.
Responsible to weigh and properly label each product container along with the associated record keeping.
Responsible for scaling/deleting WIP items in a timely manner and under the appropriate deletion codes.
Responsible for making sure that invalids are dated, wrapped, and sealed before going into the WIP cooler.
Conduct Pallet Jack Safety and Maintenance Pre-shift checks.
Responsible for assisting Leads with tasks as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPECTATATIONS – all Team Members
Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Ability to read and write English (for record keeping purposes).
· Must hold a valid pallet jack license or the ability to obtain one within 3 months.
· Ability to Pass Level 2 POET.
· Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
· Ability to apply common sense.
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
· Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
· Ability to multitask and work quickly
· Must obtain a valid pallet jack license before starting position.
· Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
· Must have good communication skills.
· Capable of learning and remembering product specifications.
· Capable of lifting and carrying 40+ pounds.
· Good hand and eye coordination required.
· High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
· Intermediate Analytical skills preferred.
· Basic computer skills or strong willingness to learn preferred.
· Food or production experience preferred.
· Desire for continuous improvement preferred.
· To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.