Ingersoll Rand Cash Application Intern in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Job Summary: Providefunctional support to the accounts receivable team. This includes responsibility for recording payments from the lockbox, ACH, and for wiring transfer to customer accounts. Intern reports to the cash application supervisor and will be provided with training on company policy, software applications, and general department guidelines.
This position is located in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Applicants must currently reside in the La Crosse area in order to be considered, as internship requires year-round availability while attending school full time. The assignment may continue until graduation. Hours are flexible, but successful candidate must be able to work 20-25 hours a week during the school year and up to 40 hours a week during the summer.
- Develop a broad understanding of the values, beliefs, and processes required within Ingersoll Rand.
- Identify and apply all cash, check, EFT/wires, and credit card payments from various sources, including foreign transactions.
- Communicate with internal and external customers, Credit & Collections, and Sales.
- Respond to questions relevant to cash application.
- Identify and tag all customer remit discrepancies and short payments.
- Process customer account maintenance requests.
- Research all questionable and non-posted items.
- Perform data entry and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Full-time student status in a 2-year or 4-year program with business, accounting, finance, or economics major or minor required.
- Must have excellent 10-key skills and basic computer knowledge with experience in spreadsheets, preferably Excel.
- Basic math skills required.
- Must be detail conscious, responsible, dependable, and able to work well in a team environment.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Type: Internship / Co-Op
Posting: Mar 30, 2018, 9:25:24 AM